PSU Designer II is designed to help you with the design of simple linear (unregulated) mains power supplies, as often found in tube amplifiers.
- Rectifier types: Solid state, Vacuum tube types 5AR4, 5R4-G/GY/GYA/GYB, 5U4-G/GA/GB, 5V3-A, 5V4-G/GA, 5Y3-G/GA/GT, 5Z3, 6AU4-GT, 6AX4-GT/GTA/GTB, 6CA4, 6D22S, 6DE4, 6X4, 6X5/GT, 6W4-GT, 83, EZ80, EZ81, GZ33, GZ34, GZ37.
- Rectifier configurations: Half-wave, Full-wave, Full-wave bridge, Voltage Doubler.
- Filter configurations: Simple C filter, C/R/C, C/L/C and LC (swinging choke). ESR in capacitors can be catered for, as can winding resistance in chokes. Chain as many filters together as you like.
- Outputs: Graphic representation of voltages and currents present in the power supply.
- Tools/Utilities: Transformer off-load voltage calculator, transformer source impedance calculator.
- Other features: Online context sensitive help. Ability to add extra rectifier types.
- Operating system: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows NT.
- Display: 640 x 480 or greater, with 256 colour capability, or greater.
- Memory: As per minimum requirement for operating system.