Download LED Matrix Studio, graphic design for LED-based electronic projects for PICAXE, PIC, Arduino, Parallax. The LED Matrix Studio is a free program designate for electronics enthusiasts who want to speed up the development of their LED and matrix projects. It supports many different export options, animations and different sizes of matrix.
Use the software to design fonts, graphics, and animations for your PICAXE, PIC, Arduino, Parallax and any other electronics or microcontroller projects. Comes with example Arduino files demonstrating use of exported data.
Download the zip files for the latest version of the code and executable! I’ll re-upload the “code” when I’ve sorted out my local git issues…
Features Download LED Matrix Studio 0.1 LED Projects
- Supports up to 256×256 matrix
- Supports as many frames as you have memory!
- 100k frames of RGB 64×64 requires ~3.7 GB
- 100k frames of RGB 16×16 requires ~370 MB
- Support for standard square/rectangular matrices, plus circular and hollow squares
- Support for unlimited layers (2 will double RAM requirements, 3 will triple RAM requirements, etc.)
- Supports single color, bicolor, 3 bits per pixel RGB, and full 24bit RGB matrices
- Seven sizes of display “pixel” allows for use on almost any resolution PC
- Plus auto-size!
- Square, round, and rounded square “pixels”
- Three brush sizes (1 pixel, 2×2 and 3×3 pixels)
- Export data in all possible combinations!
- Export as code or binary
- Export directly to code templates (see\codetemplates folder)
- Select either binary, decimal, or hex output (with $ or 0x prefix)
- Select either normal, curly, or square brackets
- Many draw modes
- simple click to toggle on/off (left mouse button)
- Freehand draw mode
- Filled rectangles
- Empty rectangles
- Filled circle
- Empty circle
- Line from A⇒B
- Multi-draw (all frames simultaneously)
- Text (using customizable fonts, two included: 5×7 and 3×5)
- Random color
- Gradient (draw using the middle button)
- Gradient brush
- Flood fill
- Flip, mirror, invert, rotate, scroll a matrix
- Animation support, unlimited number of frames
- Import any animated GIF (up to 256×256)
- Export animation to GIF
- Automatic animation creation (see Tools⇒Automate)
- Font designer mode (single color or RGB)
- Unlimited per-frame undo/redo
- Save/Load native format
- Unlimited “presets”, predefined sizes and formats
- Export animation or single frame
- 10 separate user buffers/scratchpads
- Auto-save option
- Import from bitmap image (one or more frames)
- Export to bitmap
- Preview mode, view the image at x1, x2, x3, x4, x5, x6 and up to x50 pixel size.
- Preview as displayed, or map the pixels radially, or on to a semicircle or a three-quarter circle arc.
- Preview inline with the edited image or within a separate window (ideal for ultrawide monitors or dual screen use)
Download LED Matrix Studio LED projects, graphic design for LED-based electronic projects
Follow us on social media
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?