Table of Contents
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design and provides recommendations for component values and performance estimates specific to the user’s application with the μModule and monolithic DC/DC regulator products of Analog Devices.
The program is a complete power supply design tool that can significantly ease of power supply design. It provides recommendations for component values and performance estimates specific to the user’s application with Analog Devices power products. Also included within the platform is LTpowerPlanner, a system-level power architecture design tool.
LTpowerCAD Key Features
- Part search according to user’s supply specification
- Guide the user to design and optimize circuit components
- Provide efficiency, feedback loop, and transient performances
- Provide a detailed summary of the design
- Export design to LTspice for further simulations
- System-level power tree designs and optimizations using LTpowerPlanner
LTpowerCAD enables designers to find and design power solutions in five simple steps. Optimization of the power solution can quickly and simply be accomplished in this interactive environment. A detailed summary of the design will be provided by the tool.
The LTpowerPlanner toolenables designers to create, compare, and optimize system-level power trees.
An LTpowerCAD design can be exported to LTspice for further time domain simulations.
Additional support for the LTpowerCAD II power design tool can be found inside this helpful quick start guides and product lists.
- LTpowerCAD II Help tutorial (PDF)
- LTpowerCAD II Quick Start (PDF)
- LTpowerPlanner User Guide tutorial (PDF)
- AN-140: Basic Concepts of Linear Regulator and Switching Mode Power Supplies
- AN-158: Designing Power Supply Parameters in Five Simple Steps with the LTpowerCAD Design Tool
- AN-164: LTpowerPlanner Program–A System-Level Power Architecture Design Tool (PDF)
A Design Tool for Switching Regulators
Switching power supply design can often be a challenging and time-consuming experience. Typically, this requires knowledge of aspects such as control loop compensation, IC operation and capabilities, filtering, and even power loss mechanisms related to DC/DC switching regulators. This video guides the user through the entire design process to reduce design effort and speed up design time.
ltpowercad, ltpowercad design too IIl, power supply design tool, power supply design, dc/dc regulator products
LTPowerCAD crash when opening? run tool Sync/Release, after the update should work.