PCB is an interactive printed circuit board editor for the X11 window system. PCB includes a rats nest feature, design rule checking, and can provide industry standard RS-274-X (Gerber), NC drill, and centroid data (X-Y data) output for use in the board fabrication and assembly process. PCB offers high end features such as an autorouter and trace optimizer which can tremendously reduce layout time.
Pcb is an open source printed circuit board editor. Pcb includes many professional features such as:
- Up to 16 copper layer designs by default. By changing a compile time setting, this can be set as high as needed.
- RS-274X (Gerber) output
- NC Drill output
- Centroid (X-Y) data output
- Postscript and Encapsulated Postscript output
- Trace optimizer
- Rats nest
- Design Rule Checker (DRC)
- Connectivity verification
- Pcb is Free Software
- Can interoperate with free schematic capture tools such as gEDA and xcircuit
- Runs under Linux, NetBSD, Solaris, and other similar operating systems.
- Windows version is available