Table of Contents
VUTRAX (pronounced View-Tracks) is the major professional Electronics schematic and PCB (printed circuit board) design package in the UK. The product was the first EDA package offered for personal computers, having a pedigree back to 1981 when it was created for use by in-house draughtsmen. This modern product offers similar functionality to formal workstations but at a fraction of the cost. Now thousands of systems are in use worldwide, designing boards used from the seabed to satellites.
VUTRAX is available now for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 3.51, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista Windows 7 and Windows 10 including x64 variants.
A Linux Version is also available – Computer Configuration describes the requirements.
A limited capacity FREE version can be downloaded for any platform. This can be upgraded to various levels by our supplying a customisation file.
The Pricing tab in the left column describes the many options, including details of the Free, Bundled and Professional configurations.
Downloads are grouped in the left column under Windows Downloads or Linux Downloads as appropriate.
Commercial customers are normally supplied software on CD-ROM which includes both sets.
Aids such as an adaptive toolbar, pop-up context-sensitive local menus (right button), quick access to recently used operations, and an integrated tutorial and practice environment, promote early learning and productivity.
The system is highly modular, and can be customised from a simple schematic entry system to a fully fledged 100% autorouting PCB layout system with direct output to photoplotters and CNC drilling & milling machines. You need only buy the facilities required, and can upgrade as needs change.
Vutrax includes a selection of advanced routers, design checkers, automated updating of modifications on the PCB back onto the schematic (and the reverse), and numerous interfaces to simulators, photoplotters including RS274X, CNC drilling & Milling machines, and other equipment used by the PCB industry. Extensive libraries of schematic symbols and multiple forms of PCB footprint are provided.
The product includes complete context-sensitive tutorials and technical documentation. If you prefer the personal approach, individually tailored training courses from elementary to advanced can be provided.
- Integrated Schematic Capture.
- True WYSIWYG operation throughout.
- Tutorials integrated with the system in familiar ‘Browser’ style (Internet connection not required) including many practice and example sequences.
- Design for modern PCB technology includes Surface Mount, Gluespots, Blind and Buried Vias, Microvias, Components on both sides, pick and place, etc.
- Bidirectional Modification with integrity.
- Selection of Autorouters including orthogonal, ripup and retry, and Shape Based styles.
- On-line and Off-line Design Validation.
- EMC compatibility Checking.
- Capabilities for RF and Microwave Design.
- Extensive libraries of schematic symbols and component footprints are provided. A single schematic symbol can refer to the full range of the devices’ packaging options, so you can take advantage of packaging advances without the reworking of schematics. Extensive search options help you find what you need.
- A single graphics editor (with mode sensitive options) is used for library, schematic, placement and routing, greatly reducing the learning time.
- Virtually infinite Undo/Redo capability.
- Choice of Metric or Imperial basic coordinates, but accepts coordinates of either type at all times. Resolution is 0.0001″ (0.1 mil) / 0.0025mm
- Mechanical Drawing, including dimensioning using the same tools. You can even mix Schematics, PCBs and mechanical in the same documents.
- Use of any Windows TrueType font, even for photoplotter output.
- Settings can be preserved on the basis of Projects, Users, or both.
Selected Specialised Utilities:
- Powerplane and Groundplane generation.
- Automatic Component Renumbering of PCBs and Schematics.
- 3D View of the PCB.
- Gluespot and Testpoint (ATE) Analysis.
- Gerber RS274X or explicit aperture Photoplot output, plus output and Decoding of this and other formats.
- CNC drilling and milling outputs in numerous formats.
- Groups of settings for Plotting, Photoplotting and CNC sets for multilayer, buried VIAs etc. can be stored for rework, modification, or imported into other projects.
- Numerous linkages to 3rd Party Software including AutoCAD (DXF), CNC, ATE, Pick & Place, stock control, logic & analogue simulation, and import of various other CAD system data. Interfaces for the Electra and Specctra advanced auto-routers are also available.
- A Bitmap Import utility suitable for line drawings, Logos, Signatures, etc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?