Table of Contents
Circuit ATmega USBasp DIP USB ISP/TPI programmer for Atmel AVR microcontroller. USBasp – USB ISP/TPI programmer for Atmel AVR microcontrollers, based on the design by Thomas Fischl. More information can be found at https://www.fischl.de/usbasp/. Windows users may need to install a driver. Of course, this is not necessary for linux and Mac users. Close SELFPROG and TGTPWR jumper when uploading firmware. If you are burning a fresh microcontroller, close the Slow Serial Clock jumper (SLOWCLK) since they are factory programmed for an internal 1MHz oscillator. This is not necessary if the improved firmware by nerdralph (https://github.com/nerdralph/usbasp) is used. Close Taget Power jumper (TGTPWR) to power the target device from the USBasp.
USBasp is a USB in-circuit programmer for Atmel AVR controllers. It simply consists of an ATMega88 or an ATMega8 and a couple of passive components. The programmer uses a firmware-only USB driver, no special USB controller is needed.
Schematic USBasp DIP AVR USB ISP TPI programmer
Features Circuit ATmega USBasp DIP AVR USB ISP/TPI programmer:
- Works under multiple platforms. Linux, Mac OS X and Windows are tested.
- No special controllers or smd components are needed.
- Programming speed is up to 5kBytes/sec.
- SCK option to support targets with low clock speed (< 1,5MHz).
- Planned: serial interface to target (e.g. for debugging).
- AVRDUDE supports USBasp since version 5.2.
- BASCOM-AVR supports USBasp since version 18.104.22.168.
- Khazama AVR Programmer is a Windows XP/Vista GUI application for USBasp and avrdude.
- eXtreme Burner – AVR is a Windows GUI Software for USBasp based USB AVR programmers.
Bom Circuit ATmega USBasp DIP AVR USB ISP/TPI programmer
|10k||R1||Brown, black, orange, gold||1|
|1k||R2,R3||Brown, black, red, gold||2|
|68R||R4, R5||Blue, gray, black, gold||1|
|2k2||R6||Red, red, red, gold||1|
|ATMEGA8A-PU||U1||DIP28 – Microcontroller||1|
|BUSY||LED1||Led 3 mm red||1|
|USB||LED2||Led 3 mm green||1|
|USB-B-Female||USB||USB-M-49 – USB connector type B||1|
|12MHz||XTAL1||HC-49S – Crystal||1|
|PROG||ICSP||HDR-IDC-2.54-2X3P – ICSP connector||1|
Download files, PCB in PDF, Gerber, PNG
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?