Download Hamic, The Ham Intelligent Calculator, also called Hamic, is a program designed to simplify a number of calculations commonly used by Hams. It is designed for the Ham radio hobbyist, but may be useful to others as well. Hamic has a simple to use, but powerful graphical interface that allows solving simple circuits such as resistors in series or parallel, or more complex circuits such as L networks or T networks. As well, other calculations such as SWR, reactance, resonant frequency, inductance of an air core coil, and antenna impedance are supported. One of the more powerful features of Hamic is to solve for almost any unknown variable in a circuit; Hamic can even solve L networks without having to use Smith charts. Also, Hamic can easily convert between a number of different units. Once you have finished your work, your calculations can be saved to a worksheet and retrieved later. People interested in working with circuits or antennas should check this program out!
Here is a list of the calculations Hamic currently supports:
- Resistors in series or parallel
- Capacitors in series or parallel
- Inductors in series or parallel
- Impedances in series or parallel
- Reactance with capacitors
- Reactance with inductors
- L Networks (2 possible configurations)
- Pi Networks
- T Networks
- SWR calculations
- Unit Conversions
- Volume (Dry)
- Volume (Fluid)
- Wavelength/Frequency Conversions
- Length of a Half-Wave Dipole
- Resonant Frequency
- Inductance of an Air Core Coil
- Antenna Impedance (using Autek RF1 or other instrument)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?