Table of Contents
Download Saturn PCB Design Toolkit, Microstrip calculator, Stripline calculator, Differential pair calculator, Via current calculator, PCB trace current calculator, Planar inductor calculator, Padstack calculator, Crosstalk calculator, Ohm’s Law calculator, XC XL Reactance calculator, BGA Land calculator, Er Effective calculator, Wavelength calculator, PPM Calculator.
The Saturn PCB Toolkit is the best freeware resource for PCB related calculations you can find.
It incorporates many features that PCB designers and engineers are in regular need of like current capacity of a PCB trace, via current, differential pairs and much more.
Program Saturn PCB Design Toolkit includes:
PCB Via Current Calculator per IPC-2152
Calculates the current a via needs to raise its temperature over ambient per IPC-2152.
Other via properties include:
- Via capacitance
- Via inductance
- Via impedance
- Via step response
- Via DC resistance
- Via impedance
- Via resonant frequency
- Via thermal resistance
- Via voltage drop
- Via power dissipation in dBm
PCB Trace Width Calculator & PCB Trace Resistance Calculator per IPC-2152
Calculates the current a conductor needs to raise its temperature over ambient per IPC-2152. Now also calculates DC resistance with temperature compensation.
- Other conductor properties include:
- Conductor skin depth
- Conductor voltage drop
- Conductor DC resistance
- Conductor power dissipation
- Conductor voltage drop
- Skin depth
- Skin depth percentage
Bandwidth Calculator & Max PCB Trace Length Calculator
Calculates the bandwidth of a digital signal and maximum trace length, using the IPC-2251 method or the frequency domain method, for transmission line effects.
Saturn PCB Design Toolkit Wavelength calculator
Calculates the wavelength of a signal using Ereff.
Saturn PCB Design Toolkit Differential Pair Impedance Calculator
- Calculates the differential pair impedance of a balanced line.
- Edge coupled differential pair
- Edge coupled internal symmetric differential pair
- Edge coupled internal asymmetric differential pair
- Edge coupled embedded differential pair
- Broadside coupled shielded differential pair
- Broadside coupled non-shielded differential pair
PCB Padstack Calculator
- Calculates the outer and inner layer diameters of a padstack given the drill size. BGA land calculator based on the IPC-7351A specification.
- BGA Land calculator to determine optimal pad size based on ball diameter.
- Conductor to Pad calculator to determine maximum conductor width and pad diameter.
- Conductor to BGA land calculator to determine maximum trace width for BGA breakout.
- Corner to corner calculator to determine the diagonal distance of a square / rectangular aperture.
Saturn PCB Design Toolkit Mechanical Data
- Calculates wire diameter for a given AWG gauge.
- Drill chart with imperial and metric diameters.
- Imperial screw thread size chart.
Minimum PCB Conductor Spacing Chart
Calculates minimum conductor spacing’s using peak AC or DC voltage based on IPC-2221A data.
PCB conductor Impedances
- Calculates impedance of a PCB Microstrip or PCB Stripline.
- Embedded microstrip
- Stripline symmetrical
- Stripline asymmetrical
- Dual stripline
- Coplanar structure
Units Conversion Data
- Converts C to F, F to C.
- Converts mm to mils, mils to mm.
- Gain in dB, Voltage gain.
- Rectangular to Polar conversion
- dBm Chart
- SI Prefixes
- Ohms Law
Planar Inductor Calculator
- Calculates the inductance of a planar PCB inductor.
- Square planar inductor.
- Hexagonal planar inductor.
- Octagonal planar inductor.
- Circular planar inductor.
Power Delivery System Impedance Calculator
Calculates the target impedance of a PDN.
Thermal Resistance Calculator
Calculates the junction temperature of a device using thermal resistance.
Embedded Resistor Calculator
Calculates the resistance (Ohms) of an embedded resister based on given geometry.
- Calculates coupled voltage between two conductors based on rise time, voltage, length, and spacing.
- Please check back often, this program is updated often per customer requests.
Uses Onderdonk’s equation to determine the fuse current of a conductor.
Effective Dielectric Constant Calculator
Uses the E. Hammerstad and O. Jensen equation to determine effective dielectric constant of a microstrip.
Download Saturn PCB Design Toolkit
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?